Saturday 16 July 2016

More clarity

It's the modern age, I suppose. Everyone expects to know every bloody thing, even if their brain can only hold 1.0000000000000000000001 thoughts simultaneously.

So some more clarifuckication about my late October event/brewing project. Because several of you have asked. I was hoping to keep it a bit under wraps. But as you keep mithering, I'll have to kill the beans.

Well, not immediately. I'll make you suffer a bit yet, you nosey bastards.

First, in a totally related matter, I'd like to make an appeal. For Lees yeast. I would go a more official course, but I'm in a rush. Left all the organisey stuff a bit too long. Have access to Lees yeast? Get in touch.

A celebration of oldiness. That's what the event is. Now you've insisted on asking and spoilt the surprise. Me crossing from oldish to properly old.

My 60th birthday party.

Ever the egocentriac, I've made a point of photographing brewing records from the 19th October. My  birthday.

A festival of beers originally brewed on the 19th October. That's the concept, flimsy as it is. I've 122 recipes. From the 1810's to the 1970's. Including 2 from the USA and one from Canada.

Interested? Use the contacty gadget on the left, and I'll send you a spreadsheet of my birthday beers. Pick one out and I'll do you a proper recipe. Or what passes for one from me.

Anyone who brews a beer is welcome to come along to the party. Obviously, when you bring some of the beer with you. Arrive with just a photo, empty bottle or story and my bouncers will show you the door. And the soles of their very large boots.

Lucas will DJ.

2 comments:

J. Karanka said...

Cool! Checking with wife and with brewmate.

Tandleman said...

"First, in a totally related matter, I'd like to make an appeal. For Lees yeast. I would go a more official course, but I'm in a rush. Left all the organisey stuff a bit too long. Have access to Lees yeast? Get in touch."

Why don't you just ask them?